AI Poetry, Avoiding Bottlenecks, & More…
by Tom Helvick
Welcome to our weekly edition of the Dev Digest where we put together the best links to help you stay on top of what’s happening in the world of software and web development. From top stories to development tips, professional advice, and more, we’ve collected the best articles, stories, and videos of the week from across the web. Now let’s get to it.
Outside Resources We Found Interesting
Top 7 Most Popular Agile Estimation Methods — For User Stories
Within Agile Estimation, user stories are an informal, general explanation of a software feature written from the perspective of the end-user or customer. They help shift the focus from writing about requirements to talking about them.
- Here is a look at seven of the most popular methods to estimate story points including tips about the situations in which each method is best suited. Link To This Article & Others
AI Writes A Lousy Poem…
- Maya Angelou is safe for the time being. AI makes a mediocre poet. Recent efforts and related studies on AI-generated poetry, while impressive, highlights the gap still left to bridge by AI when it comes to creative-based endeavors. Read Article
- This read about Netflix’s implementation of Prodicle Distribution is worth your time. Their steps to achieve observability in async workflows shines a real-life-example-spotlight on the benefits of streamlining a process to debug workflow and avoid bottlenecks. Read Article
Everything You Need to Know About Git Submodules…
- Learn everything that is important about submodules to become effective and competent in using them with this helpful five-part tutorial series. Read Article
- Looking to make a job change? Having an online portfolio can help showcase your skillset and capabilities. Here’s a breakdown of the reasons why you should consider creating one and how to go about it. Read Article
Scheduling Your Day For Success…
- Struggling to be productive throughout your day? Try getting out of your own way by tapping into your ‘ultradian rhythms.’ Check out these tips for structuring your schedule for success. Read Article