Doctor AI, Garbage Collection, & More
by Tom Helvick
Welcome to our weekly edition of the Dev Digest where we put together the best links to help you stay on top of what’s happening in the world of software and web development. From top stories to development tips, professional advice, and more, we’ve collected the best articles, stories, and videos of the week from across the web. Now let’s get to it.
Exploring Entity Framework Core 5
Since Microsoft announced in 2019 that .NET Framework 4.8 would be the last full major release of the .NET Framework, developers have been facing the decision of when it is the right time to migrate their applications from .NET Framework to .NET Core.
- Learn everything you need to know about the improved EF Core 5 below including a step-by-step guide to implementing it within your .NET solution. Read Article
Paging Doctor AI…
- AI could play an important role in reducing racial disparities in healthcare. Case in point, a recent algorithm trained on patients’ reports did a better job than doctors at accounting for the pain experienced by Black patients. Read Article
Time to Take Out the Garbage?
- Garbage Collection in Java automatically allocates and deallocates memory, eliminating the need to write an explicit program to do memory management. Read Article
The State of React…
- Been out of the React arena for awhile? There have been some big changes to React in the past few years. Here’s a look at where React is now, including some of the newest features, libraries, and more. Read Article
- The first step to avoiding burnout as a developer is knowing the symptoms. A survey of 55 developers by Coding Mindfully reveals the most common symptom experienced by developers suffering from burnout as well as the factors that contribute to it. Read Article
Delivering Constructive Feedback Remotely…
- Providing constructive feedback via video chat can make it challenging to soften the blow, especially when circumstances around the pandemic may have your team members on edge. Check out these strategies for ensuring your message is received in a way that motivates, rather than defeats, the recipient. Read Article
Originally published at https://www.intertech.com on January 27, 2021.