by Tom Helvick
Welcome to our weekly edition of the Dev Digest where we put together the best links to help you stay on top of what’s happening in the world of software and web development. From top stories to development tips, professional advice, and more, we’ve collected the best articles, stories, and videos of the week from across the web. Now let’s get to it.
Intertech Foundation — 2021 STEM Scholarship Recipients
Every year, our Intertech Foundation STEM Scholarship brings a host of qualified applications from talented college-bound high school students across the country who are interested in pursuing a degree in computer sciences. This year was no different.
- What stood out to us about our second recipient, Yahaira Irizarry, was her strong work ethic and passion for life. These traits were clearly showcased by the number of internships and volunteering opportunities she embraced, along with her achieved knowledge of multiple coding languages critical to her field of study. Learn more about this hard-working and passionate graduate who will be attending the University of Central Florida in the fall pursuing a degree in Computer Science.
Hold the Mayo…
- A Chilean-based food-tech company captured 10% of the mayonnaise market in just eight months by understanding where AI is most effective and running the algorithm at the lowest cost. Read Article
The Best Git Cheat Sheet…
- Just like it was back in college, we all want to ask the kid with the best notes to share. Lucky for us, Manpreet Singh is sharing a breakdown of his best GIT cheat sheet. Read Article
- Worried that your custom bindings don’t seem to work in the new Azure Functions .NET Isolated Worker? Don’t fret, not all is lost. Read Article
- Perhaps one of the biggest benefits of remote work was not having to deal with your co-workers. Now that you are back, do the dynamics in your office give you flashbacks of high school? Here’s some advice on what to do when you find yourself surrounded by cliquey co-workers. Read Article
Ditch These Bad Habits…
- Want to advance your career? These three seemingly minor habits could be causing more damage than you think. Read Article