JDK 17 Features, Smooth Transitions, & More
by Tom Helvick
Welcome to our weekly edition of the Dev Digest where we put together the best links to help you stay on top of what’s happening in the world of software and web development. From top stories to development tips, professional advice, and more, we’ve collected the best articles, stories, and videos of the week from across the web. Now let’s get to it.
Outside Resources We Found Interesting
ASP.NET Core 6 — Challenging Python and Node
With .NET 5 marking the completion of .NET’s transformation into a cross-platform, open-source project, Microsoft is turning its attention to a cadence of annual releases that will continue to expand and improve its performance and solidify .NET as a leading framework.
- The first release, .NET 6, is expected to ship in November of this year, and with it will come a host of new features and improvements related to app performance, control themes, and faster developer experiences. Can’t wait? See the link below for a sneak peek at just one of the changes eagerly anticipated by the developer community. Link To This Article & Others
GDPR Turns Three…
- GDPR celebrated its third-anniversary last month. With demand amongst cybercriminals for consumer data showing little sign of easing, what will the next three years bring and how can companies adapt? Read Article
ARM in User Mode…
- Check out Raymond Chen’s new series highlighting how Windows 10 uses the classic ARM processor in user mode, with particular focus on the instructions you are most likely to encounter in compiler-generated code. Read Article
JDK 17 New Features…
- JDK 17 is set to be released in September as a long-term support (LTS) version which means Oracle support for this version with last for several years. Get a preview of some of the biggest features expected with this latest version. Read Article
- The quality of your downtime matters. Here are the three categories of downtime you should strive for in order to hit the ground running when you return to work. Read Article
- Handing over a software project is a process riddled with landmines of disaster. But ample preparation, and following these eight steps, can help you avoid disaster and ensure a smooth transition. Read Article