MongoDB Tips, Workplace Humor, & More
by Tom Helvick
The dev digest is back again this week with all the best articles, stories, and videos on software development. Stay on top of the news, latest trends in development, and leadership insights when you subscribe to the dev digest!
- Built by AI experts in their Robotics division, Amazon is using a system called Proxemics to warn employees when they are standing too close to one another and to identify areas where changes are needed to protect employee health.
- We’re about halfway through 2020 which makes it a good time to check in on the status of Serverless and what trends are gaining momentum.
- Do you understand the concepts of normalization and denormalization? Getting the most out of MongoDB, a database that works without imposing any kind of schema, requires knowledge of how MongoDB structures data and basic database design principles.
- Find yourself needing to learn a new tech stack with a new job? The process of learning new technologies and languages can be made easier if you follow a few rules.
- Love to throw a bit of humor into your work interactions? Getting it right can be a delicate dance.
- Now, more than ever, companies are looking for ways to ensure that software development projects are completed on-time and on-budget. Do you know what the most common roadblocks are and, more importantly, how to avoid them?
Originally published at https://www.intertech.com on June 24, 2020.