by Tom Helvick
The dev digest is back again this week with all the best articles, stories, and videos on software development. Stay on top of the news, latest trends in development, and leadership insights when you subscribe to the dev digest!
- The creator of Watson, the computer that mastered Jeopardy!, has set his sights on a new goal, fixing a blind spot in modern AI by teaching machines to acquire and apply everyday knowledge
- Why does RegNotifyChangeKeyValue stop notifications once it’s deleted, even if a new key with the same name is created? The answer lies in knowing that any handle to the old registry key is now a zombie
- GitHub released a special Octoverse report on how developers are working during the COVID-19 pandemic. Among the interesting results? Productivity, hours, and the use of open source solutions are all up
- Feeling exhausted by never-ending Zoom calls? Our brains have to work harder when interacting with others through a screen. Here’s an in-depth look at reasons behind ‘Zoom fatigue’ and some simple strategies for combating it
- Continuing to learn new technologies and languages is a critical requirement in this industry. One developer shares practical tips for staying motivated to keep learning, day after day and year after year
Tips from Intertech
- If you work with a .NET framework, you can’t afford to miss this presentation! Watch the video and learn what you need to know about .NET 5.0 and Microsoft’s accelerated release schedule
Originally published at https://www.intertech.com on May 13, 2020.